Thursday, August 13, 2009

On The Down Side

Well as we figured I am on the down side, I went in with my mask on today just in case and sure enough I was neutropenic, meaning my white blood counts have hit bottom. My blood pressure was a little low and my heart rate was high today. I took in one bag of fluids, growth factor shot and was sent home with a baby bottle infuser of antibotic, just in case my fever spikes overnight. Hopefully this doesn't happen because I do not want any infection to set in right now. With my counts being so low they already told me that I would be getting blood tomorrow and I'm not sure what else. I am feeling ok just a little draggy, at this point I have to be extremely careful in everything I do, everything I touch and do major handwashing. My caregivers need to also be very careful with what they handle for me and with food handling. It is time to limit some of the things I might eat, NO grapes, NO melon, NO strawberries, NO fruits with skin. They say there is just NO way you can get these things clean enough and they just aren't safe for me to eat during this time.


Please pray for no fever, no infection and that my counts jump back to where they need to be as soon as possible, and I will feel more like myself.


Thank you all for continued love, prayers & support for me while I am taking treatments here in Little Rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment