Sunday, July 11, 2010

Surgery Date

Clay and I went to Little Rock last Wednesday to meet with the surgeon, (Dr. Stack) and the endocrinologist, (Dr. Bodenner) about surgery. I had another ultrasound as I thought I would, the cancer had not changed or grown since last ultrasound, this was our good news. We set the surgery date for July 30th, I think he was so far behind after being out for two weeks. It will roll around before you know it though. I was also scheduled to do my pre-op work up as well, this included an EKG and bloodwork, since I had several of the other test needed done recently I didn't have to do a whole lot of tests. There was a 10 page questioner that I had to fill out though. The surgery is still planned for a one day surgery, they ask that you stay in LR one night, then we can head home on Saturday when I feel like it. I am just ready to get this part over with, recover and move on to the next phase of treatment, I can't start my other chemo until after my surgery. With the delay of surgery it backs up me starting my treatment.

Friday, July 2, 2010

Summer Time

Where has the time gone? I can't believe it is already July, it has felt like July or August for awhile though, it has been so hot. I really don't have any complaints though, I am cold all the time, it is really too cold in the house for me so I like to set outside under the porch if I am not in the pool. Things have been going pretty good with me, still trying to build strength but I know it will still take some time. We will be going to Little Rock next week for a day to meet with the surgeon that will be doing my thyroid surgery as well as the endocrinologist . I will probably have to have another ultrasound but hopefully not a biopsy since they already know it's cancer. They will just compare the ultrasound with the one I had several months ago to see if there are any changes. They have tentively set up a date for surgery toward the end of the month but until we meet with them we won't know for sure, I will just be glad to get the surgery over with. Since the surgeon had been on vacation for two weeks I think he is backed up a little right now, this has also delayed starting my chemo treatment here, with my TSH level being up and some of my other counts Dr. Barlogie didn't want me to start treatment until after I had my thyroid surgery, a week or two after surgery I will probably start that. I just go from day to day because you never know when they might change plans or dates on you.

We will have the family over for the 4th to swim and cookout.

I hope everyone has a happy and safe 4th of July.