Sunday, February 21, 2010

Fighting Bronchitis

I have been fighting bronchitis all week, I wasn't sure what it was when it started, but have found out now. I started with a real runny nose on Monday, thick but not yellow or green, so didn't think there was any infection. Tuesday morning out of the blue I started with a very deep cough, it seemed to just get worse. I had talked to the nurse on Monday, she started me on over the counter meds. On Wednesday I wasn't any better so they wanted me to have a chest ex-ray on Thursday, I am scheduled for lab and to get my line out anyway. They want to make sure I haven't developed pneumonia, so many people end up with pneumonia when they go home, this is something I didn't want to get. The ex-ray showed my lungs to be clear and had no fluid, I thought that was good news. They started me on an antibiotic and a cough syrup for bedtime, I hope I can knock this pretty quick, I know it seems to hang on sometimes. My stomach and ribs are sore from coughing so much. I go in for blood work tomorrow. Oh I did get my line out on Thursday, the nurse did a good job taking it out, not much pain involved, just pulling the tape was the only bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment