Saturday, April 3, 2010

Rough Day

I thought I wanted pancakes this morning so Clay ran down to the corner McDonalds to bring us breakfast, well 2 or 3 bites I knew that wasn't what I wanted. The syrup was so sweet I just couldn't handle it, so that was the end of my breakfast. Felt a little yucky this morning, we just had a relaxing morning, actually Clay did things around the apartment like laundry and things like that while I relaxed. The wait wasn't too bad in the waiting room today but by the time it was all said and done we were there again till almost 6. My B.P. stayed up again today, so bloodwork, a shot, IV antibiotic was the start, again we wait for the labs to get back, I was low on magnesium and I needed a unit of blood. This meant alot of wait time since they have to order all that and sometimes you think it is being delivered by a courier pigeon. On Thursday I had mentioned that they had accessed my other port to use for a week, I felt like when the nurse dressed it that the dressing was pulled too tight, I don't really know but last night it starting oozing some blood. They checked it today, wanted to take the old dressing off, they were a little concerned with the oozing, they ran a culture on the one port to see if there was any infection. After getting my magnesium and blood they took the needle out of my port to let it rest tonight, They will have to access both ports tomorrow because they wanted to do another culture before I had my antibiotic. The site where my port is still very sore and tender, it has just been about 9 days since I had it put in. I dread tomorrow already for when they have to poke the needle back in.

Please pray that my port will heal and there will be no infection, I am not sure what the process would be if something went wrong with it. Thank you again for your love, prayers and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment