Wednesday, April 21, 2010

No Place Like Home

We were scheduled to be released on Monday, April 12th, even though Dr. Barlogie had dismissed me a few days earlier, he wanted me to come back on Monday to double check my counts before I came home. Clay came back home Sunday night and Candes drove down to bring me back home on Monday. We met with the physicians assistant and a couple of different nurses to get my home medications lined out and prescription orders written. All was well except they wanted me to take a shot that would help raise my red blood count, so we headed to the infusion center for that. Of course you would know that they were so busy, I just wanted to get out of there and head back home. We waited about 2 hours before getting my shot, then we headed home. We got home about 6:30 that night. It was so exciting pulling in the driveway, there were banners in the yard saying Welcome Home Barbara and It's a Happy Day (made me cry) Thanks Sharon and Taylor. When I got in the house there were also signs throughout the house, made me feel really loved. Thank you Kara and Adrienne. The kids were here and Sharon had brought dinner over. Thank you Sharon. I was glad to see everyone but I was so excited to see my baby, Jonah my grandson.


Since I have been home I have been doing ok, some days better than others, still pretty weak and I get tired pretty easy. I go to Highland Oncology 2 times a week for blood work. I will go back to Little Rock for testing and to get my maintenance orders the 2nd week in June, so besides that I am on break and it feels good. Maintenance will probably start the 3rd week in June at Highland, I will go once a week for 3 years for chemo and I will be taking another chemo in pill form at home. So this is the update on what has been and will be going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment