Thursday, September 23, 2010

I'm Glowing

Candes and I headed to Little Rock early Monday morning, I had an appointment at 11, but I needed to do bloodwork first. Things went smooth, there was some waiting in the lab but not bad. Candes checked me in at the Head & Neck Clinic (thyroid) and then she went to the pharmacy to pick up my injection shots, by that time I was upstairs. They called me right in for my injection, they want to do them the same time each day, then we were done for the day. I had started with a headache on Sunday that was pretty severe, Tylenol is the only thing I can take and it wasn't helping, we just hung out at the apartment the rest of the day. Tuesday was a busy day, went for my injection at 11, back to the apartment for lunch since I'm am still doing the iodine free diet. I had an appt at 1 with the kidney doctor and then an appt with Dr. Barlogie at 2, it kept us hopping. The results of the biopsy showed no myeloma in the kidneys, and this is a good thing but there has been quite a bit of scarring/damage done to my kidneys. This is probably due to the myeloma or even partly due to some of the medications I have been on in the past that might harm your kidneys. The bad thing is that the damage is irreversible, they are just going to keep a close eye on them knowing they can't get any worse. The next step would be dialysis and I don't want to go there if I don't have to. Wednesday was the big day for radiation, we went in and they called me back pretty quick, there's alot of pre stuff that goes on, explaining everything to you, mostly all the after precautions. They have to specially order your pill from a pharmacy across town, so by the time they make it and get it back over there we are talking about an hour. So after the wait I went in and took my pill and then I was on my way. Sounds really crazy. Candes and I were going to run back to the apartment to eat our lunch, then they tell me not to eat for 2 hours, so we ran back, picked up our stuff and hit the road for home, they said I wouldn't start throwing off rays for 2 hours. It was good to be back home again, all the things you have to do is just mind boggling though. All our laundry has to be done separate, I can't wash my clothes with Clay's, I have to have my separate living quarters with my own bathroom and no one else can use this bathroom for several days, I have to stay 6 ft away from everyone or they me anyway. I will be glad when this too is finished, but one good thing I get to go back to normal food tomorrow night. I can't wait. I am confined to the house for these days because you can't take a chance being around people especially babies, children, pregnant women, so I will just be hanging out here for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment