Thursday, October 29, 2009

Home Away From Home

Well here we are back in Little Rock for more testing this week, we drove down yesterday. Might I add it was a beautiful day for a drive, the sun was shinning, which made the trees and leaves very pretty. Unlike every other day we have had with the rain, yesterday was perfect. I have a new caregiver this time, a friend of mine Michelle brought me down. I know we could have had a much better time if things were different with me, we could shop, go out to eat and all kind of fun things BUT things aren't like that these days. I am a little wimp, or a party pooper when it comes to doing anything, I am just too tired. We got here about noon yesterday, just enough time to check in the apartment, unload the car and sit just a few minutes before going to the hospital. First stop was 5th floor where I picked up my packet/schedule, had blood work done and met with a nurse. After this we were heading over to have my Pet Scan and after that we were free until my MRI which was scheduled at 8pm, they got me in about 30 minutes early so we left the hospital about 8:30 last night. It made for a long day, I know for Michelle it had to be really boring just sitting, waiting.


Today was a new day, Michelle and I needed to be at the hospital at 8:30 for the bone marrow biopsy, this of course is something I always dread, it did hurt but it wasn't quite as bad today as times in the past. Always glad to get it over though. Michelle went in the room with me, so she got to see how a bone marrow biopsy is done. After the biopsy we headed to the 5th floor to meet with the research nurse for a few minutes and then we were out of there. We stopped at Olive Garden for some soup, salad & bread sticks, it was good I had a few bites but just got full very fast. It has been raining all day, so after we went back to the apartment I was ready to take a nap, I was just real chilled when we came in. I slept for a couple hours, after I woke up Michelle took my bandages off my back, the other layer stays on for 4 days. We just stayed in tonight, kinda a veg out night. Michelle ran to the store to pick up some popcorn and to Sonic to pick up drinks. It was a good TV show night so we just enjoyed our lazy time.




Tomorrow is another day, Clay will be here in the morning and Michelle will head back to Fayetteville. I know the weather isn't suppose to be any better, I pray for safe travel for both of them, coming and going. Clay and I will see the doctor tomorrow to make sure I am on target with treatment. Saturday, October 31st I think will be a free day, Sunday, November 1st will be the heavy duty chemo day and Monday, November 2nd will be the Transplant Day.



Thank you Michelle for rearranging your schedule to be my caregiver this week. You did good!

No comments:

Post a Comment