Friday, June 8, 2012

Larger Update

You know if life was simple, dull & just the same ole, same ole each week it wouldn't be near as exciting now would it?  They did come up with a plan for my left leg, I do have Lymphedema or it can just be called Edema, this starts from the lymphatic system. I know thinking strange huh, well I guess over time with my stomach being cut open so much it has kinda jeopardized my lymph system. I had no idea that we had a large majority of lymph nodes in our stomach. So back to the compression stockings, oh and aren't they alot of fun, especially in the summer, elevate as much as I can, I have a few leg & feet exercises to do as well. I will be going in for my monthly massage but this time she will be doing something different. They have to be trained in edema therapy to do special therapeutic massages, I hope that this takes some of the pressure out of my leg, this will be later this month. You know the pool would be great too, pushing against the water, I haven't even been in the pool yet.
I always have to break things up a little, you know I go in week after week and have no issues, I set there a couple of hours take my chemo like I'm suppose to & leave. About 3 weeks ago I had an issue that I thought was a little strange, on Saturday or Sunday the tubing to my port & up through my neck got extremely sore & tender to the touch, the port itself felt fine. This lasted about 4 days & just stopped, I mentioned to my nurse the next Thursday, of course it had stopped hurting then but thought I should mention it anyway. The main thing for them is as long as they are getting a good blood draw they are good to go, it flushes fine & doesn't seem to have anything wrong with it. She said the only other thing it might have to come out & a new one put in, I'm like no thank you. Then last week it didn't happen so I just forgot about it, well this past week on Saturday it did the very same thing and again lasted about 4 days, strange I know. It of course had stopped hurting on Wednesday before I go in on Thursday, but again thought I should mention it to my nurse. She felt like Dr. Rosenfeld should decide what we should do, they felt like there might be a leak in one of the lines leading into my port, if so it could be oozing out somewhere. I went down for an xray, back up to the chemo room, my nurse wasn't thinking about my double port so I had to go back down to xray the other one. I'm never suppose to have the dye shot in me due to my kidneys but they checked & they could use a very small amount, take the xray & pull it back out, so that what they did. That is also why I had to make 2 trips to xray because they only put the dye in the one tube. So the xray didn't show a hole in the line but something is going on, they gave me antibiotics to take if it starts again, then I'm to call them so they can set me up with a surgeon, they can see any tiny, tiny pinhead of a hole with some type of test or scan that they have. But if my diagnoses is correct it won't happen this weekend it will skip another week, as I said I have the double port so I just rotate the access of it each week, upper or lower. What I am thinking is that it is something with my upper port because both times it has happened they have used my upper one. Kinda strange I know but sometimes you just know your body, but I could be so off. So needless to say it was a crazy day at HOG for me yesterday, I'm usually in at 9 & out by 11:30 but yesterday it was 1:15. I had an eye appointment at 1:30 & just barely made it, I didn't know they needed to dilate my eyes, so by the time I got out of there I was just worn out, got home around 4, felt like I'd had a full day & a half actually. I had such a headache, could it have been because I had no caffeine, no lunch, the chemo, (it does I know) dilating the eyes & just the stress of it all. Clay came in & I was out under the porch napping in the chaise, he even fixed dinner, I always leave the grilling to him but he did corn on the cob, fries with the pork chops, very yummy, he's a good guy!!!
You know besides these 2 little set backs I've been doing pretty good, this past week there were I think 4 days in a row that I didn't have alot of pain & felt pretty decent, it was nice for a change, I like those kind of days. Sorry for such a long post it's just what goes on in my everyday life.
I'm excited to go to a wedding tomorrow night, my cousin Bob's daughter is getting married, she will make a beautiful bride. Congratulations Janae & Kirby!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment