Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Hot, Hot, Hot

Oh my goodness it is hot, but sounds like it will even be hotter this weekend with no rain in sight. Well we made the trip to Little Rock Thursday & Friday of last week, Pam Neal was my chauffeur this trip. We really didn't do much but we did have a nice dinner, I was having a Pet Scan the first thing Friday morning so I was limited to what I could eat. I did have a really good steak & some yummy grilled veggies & green beans. That is my idea of a good meal, even though I couldn't have bread or sweet tea I survived. We headed to the hospital early Friday morning, needed to be there at 7:30 for paperwork & the Pet Scan, this is usually the longest test I have since it lasts two hours. Everything else was just scheduled one right after the other which is nice, I don't like alot of down time I just like to get it all done & head back home.  Things went pretty smooth of course until we got to the bone marrow biopsy, not that it didn't gone smooth it's just that it's painful to say the least. I feel like she did a decent job, there is pain no matter what.  This was the last thing on my schedule so after this we headed home, it was 3:30 & hadn't had lunch, we pulled through Chick Fil A & just ate in the car & headed toward Fayetteville. Now with a few days behind me I can say I'm better, still a little sore but not like I was, I had alot of pain with this biopsy. I know each time I have one it gets harder & harder to find a place to pull bone, they even rotate left side to right side. I did ask the question does the bone ever grow back? It does but it can take about a year, wow, that's a long time. Now on to my port issue, or the tubing actually, my port itself is fine, it's great they have no problem with it. As I had talked about in my last post it is the upper line that probably has a leak of some kind in it. I have the pain in my neck & around the tube area but just every other week, they did start me on antibiotic this time, just in case there was some infection. They were going to set me up to have a portagram but they have to use dye, due to my kidneys I can't have the contrast. So I am suppose to discuss this with Dr. Barlogie next week, they may want to take my port out & put another one in or try to do an IV each time, well due to all the chemo I don't think they will have much luck with that, my veins are about shot. I have had several calls from HOG today trying to come up with a plan that will work the best, I really don't want to have it taken out and another put back in, at least at Little Rock because that is an extremely painful process. When I had mine surgically put in I really didn't know any different, I was aware of everything with just a little numbing shot, but I felt most everything. Up here you really don't even know you had it put in, you have a little sleep med and then its all over, that's the way to go. So this time next week or when I see Dr. Rosenfeld the next week maybe we can come up with something that will work.  I think this brings everyone up to speed with the crazy stuff that's been going on with me.
Jonah has been over to swim a couple of times, he sure seems to enjoy the water this year, but he really enjoys his sandbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment