Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Take A Break

The wedding is over and we can finally take a little break from wedding plans, arrangements, ordering, picking out and up every other day. It was great, a very beautiful wedding if I do say so myself. It was a perfect day, a little warm for the ceremony but toward the end a cool breeze came through then some rain moved in during the reception. We needed the rain so bad I don't think any complaints were heard. I think that the ceremony and reception went just as Kara had planned for them to go, I hope her every dream came true. They flew to Costa Rica Sunday morning, I know they will have a good time, I'm sure the resort will be amazing, can't wait to hear about it and see pictures.

I skipped my treatment last Thursday due to running errands for the wedding, they had said that I could miss once in a blue moon, I thought this was the right time. I have had alot of swelling in my left foot, ankle and leg. They still haven't decided why this happens whether it is the chemo, the fluid, being up on it way too much or what but starting Sunday I started having pains in my upper leg deep inside. Decided to hold off calling for a day or two, took it easy Sunday & Monday then I called today, went in for a nurse consult, had a Doppler ran to look for blood clots. Good news there was not a clot but I have sluggish blood flow in the main vein, they are thinking there might be some blockage somewhere so they suggested I have a CT ran but I had just had one a month or so ago. They will study it a little closer in the meantime I am ordered to bed rest or at least down with my leg very elevated applying heat. I will do this rest of today as well as all tomorrow, I go for treatment on Thursday and Dr. Rosenfeld will decide what needs to be done if anything. We just hope for the best and can only think that I have been doing a little more than I should, we do know that I need to take it easy, things will slow down now I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment