Monday, November 8, 2010

New Week

Last week Clay and I made the trip to Little Rock for doctor visits. We saw Dr. Barlogie on Tuesday, all my MRI's and other test had came back good so far. I have still been off chemo, just waiting for his signal to go back on, I just knew that the news would be to start back NOW, but my platelet count was down so he wants me to wait another 3 weeks. At that time I will be going back down to Little Rock for more testing before starting back on chemo. I am scheduled for more MRI's, bloodwork and a bone marrow biopsy (in which I dread already) but I haven't had to have one in quite a while so I guess it is about time.

The next day I had an appointment with my thyroid doctor, Dr. Bodenner, he felt like everything was fine after my surgery and radiation. The body scan came back negative, so that was good news. He ran an ultrasound and said it all looked good, nothing seemed to be showing with my lymph nodes, so he was pleased. I had to have bloodwork done for him as we were leaving, if something is off they will call me if not I will continue taking the 112 synthroid.

It had been a long couple of days waiting to see doctors, nurses and lab people but it was now over and we were heading home. We stopped at Olive Garden in Little Rock to have a very late lunch before hitting the road. I will head back down a couple of days before Thanksgiving for my testing, then I can enjoy Thanksgiving and go back down to see the doctor a few days after.
On the most part I have been feeling pretty good, just tire out quickly and have alot of aches and pains, part of that may just be my age.

No comments:

Post a Comment