Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Counts Down

Since my last trip to Little Rock my platelets have been gradually going down, for what reason we don't know at this point. With the bloodwork I had done on Monday it had started creeping back up so this is a good thing, but you still have to wonder why. My platelet count hasn't been an issue for quite some time now. When the lab at HOG gave me my report they had me to go upstairs to talk to a nurse, this time it wasn't my platelet count it was my WBC. It was down to 1.75 again this raises the question why. I have just been at home this week staying warm by the fire, I am not suppose to be around alot of people, I can't take my chances on catching something while my counts are so low. I go back to Little Rock on Tuesday for tests, MRI, bloodwork and a bone marrow biopsy. There was the concern of my platelets with the biopsy because I have to be at 50 at least before I can have it done. They ordered platelets for me if I need them before the biopsy. Even though I don't enjoy the biopsy in the least I have to have it to find out what's going on right now. The nurses say it could be a number of things, it could be the thyroid surgery, the radiation, being off treatment for awhile or the myeloma trying to come back. The later would be my fear, I can't imagine having to start over again so we just pray that it is some minor thing and it will adjust itself. I look forward to Thanksgiving this year but I can't wait until Christmas, I think I can enjoy the holiday season much more this year. I can't wait to put up the tree, Kara helped me pick out decorations for the tree, I wanted to change it out this year. I'm like a little kid but my excitement is for the decorations not so much opening the presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment