Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Trip To Little Rock

Jeremy and I headed out to LR about 4:45 on Tuesday afternoon, we drove straight there without making a stop. We checked in the apartment and then back in to eat dinner, there were only certain things I could eat or there were certain things that I could not have for my testing on Wednesday. I was pretty well beat so I took a shower and pretty much called it a night knowing it was going to be a long day Wednesday. We left the apartment the next morning at 6:15, stopped at Denny's for breakfast, I could have scrambled eggs and bacon and that was it. Jeremy enjoyed a little larger breakfast than that, he needed to keep up his strength for all the waiting he was going to have to do throughout the day. We arrived at the hospital a little before 7:30 to pick up my packet to start the day. First stop lab work then on to the dreaded bone marrow biopsy, it hurt more this time than it did last time, I don't really know why. We had some time to kill so we just waited in the infusion center waiting room till closer to time to go to the MRI area. I decided since I was in the area I would ask for a copy of my lab work that I had done earlier, since my WBC was so low last week I was a little concerned that it might be still down. After getting a copy of my labs a nurse was going over them with me and noticed my Uric Acid was really high, she wanted me to see someone before I left LR. I was unable to meet with anyone so I just waited and they called me on Thursday. Uric Acid is a kidney issue, my nurse that I deal with all the time from LR said I needed to be on medication that it couldn't wait until Monday till I was back down there. So meds were called in and I started taking them on Thursday. The one good thing was that my WBC was back up a little. So back to the rest of the day, we waited an hour past my appointment time for my MRI and then it took forever, they had ordered much more this time than last to be scanned. We were real close on missing my pet scan, this was the last test and I just wanted to get them all over with and hit the road to home. We finally finished up and walked out of there about 10 till 7. Jeremy and I drove through Chic fil la , ate on the road, it was an uncomfortable ride home, we did stop at Alma to walk around just a little then back on the road. We pulled in our drive at 10 pm it was just a real long day. Clay and I will go back to Little Rock on Monday to see the doctor and get the results of all my tests. My back has been so painful this time, I don't know why sometimes are different than others but I have hurt really bad, hopefully in a day or two it will work it's way out.

No comments:

Post a Comment