Friday, January 4, 2013

2012 Coming To An End

Wow!!!! I knew I hadn't posted in a while, but I didn't realize that I had missed the whole month of November. As we all know starting October or November things get really busy, birthdays & Christmas, shopping along with decorating & baking. Always something going on, I have thought about my blog alot, thinking I need to post but I just never got around to getting it done. I will try to keep things in order as they happened, I don't want to start off talking about Christmas because that would be leaving alot of other things out.
It's really hard to back track and remember what you have done, what's gone on & what you did first, for two months that is, I am having so much trouble with my memory lately anyway, I don't need anything extra but I'm going to try my best. Sometime in mid September I developed a very deep, deep cough, I had no other symptoms but a knock you over cough. I didn't feel bad at all, this cough lasted 16 weeks, I was on antibiotic 2 different times as well as cough syrup 2 times, either one didn't seem to help much. Finally it just about got the best of me, I just couldn't hardly go anymore, they did a CT scan on my chest, it was borderline pneumonia, I was put on pneumonia strength antibiotic, cough syrup as well as Albuterol & Advair, to help me breath.  I finally have gotten back on track for the most part anyway.
Candes & I made the trip to Little Rock in November, she had her Thyroid dr. check up and I had to have some tests ran and then back the next week for Clay & I to see Dr. Barlogie. There are so many bugs around, I think people just pass them around or back & forth. Clay ended up getting sick while we were in Little Rock, he kept saying while we were there that he just felt bad and sure enough he went to the dr the next day and got meds & 2 shots. I of course was trying to be really careful &; was not feeling very well as it was, having that cough for so long. Trying to get myself well, PaPaw as well because we have grandbabies coming real soon. I watched Jonah November 19, while Adrienne went for her checkup (Jude) they made the decision to just do a C-section the next day, nothing like short notice. So Jude Chandler Woody was born 11/20/2012 weighing 8'1". I waited a few days to get real close to him because I wasn't for sure what I had, as it was it was nothing I could have given to anyone.  He is a cutie, he looks absolutely just like Jonah when he was born. We debated on Thanksgiving, it was our year to go
to my sisters house (Candes) but I just was not feeling very good at all so I was really torn. Clay & I did go and I was so glad we did. Jeremy, Adrienne & Jude came home from the hospital, her mom was going to come over to stay with her so Jeremy & Jonah could come down & eat lunch with us but Jonah got sick I think before they left the driveway, we fixed care packages and brought it back by to drop off. 
The first Saturday in December we took Jonah to ride the Christmas Train in Springdale, he liked it alot.  It took him awhile to warm up but after awhile he wanted to ride the ponies and a little of everything else too. Between new meds & floating germs I have missed several weeks of church, I don't think I have ever missed this much church. 
Grandbaby #2 arrived 12/14/2012 Andrew & Kara welcomed Cooper Jack Woody into this world at 4:37 weighing 6'7" & 20 inches long. We really weren't sure who he looked like, probably a little of both, when you are looking at a newborn it is so hard to tell who they really look like, then in a week or two they can change so much. 
I'm still having so many issues with my counts right now, just cannot get them boosted to a good number. I have dealt with that several times but now I'm dealing with my Platelet count and its not good, I don't think my platelet count has been this low since I was in Little Rock doing treatment. Dr. Rosenfeld is trying to get in contact with Dr. Barlogie to see what plan of action we should take. Normally if I was in LR they would probably give me platelets/blood, I hope I don't have to go to LR to take care of this matter. I've been going in three days a week to get shots to boost my white blood count but it hasn't done it so far so we will find out Thursday if it helped this week. I guess I really didn't say anything about Christmas, I hope everyone had a nice Christmas, we certainly did. We only had one busy grandson but just wait a year or two & Jude & Cooper will give Jonah a run for his money. It will just be fun to watch. Just like when our kids were little, it was no fun unwrapping clothes. Jonah was a little that way, he would go more for the toys and just lay those gifts aside. Christmas is a wonderful time of year. Now that it is 2013 while I'm finishing my post I wish everyone Health and Happiness for the upcoming year. Since I didn't finish this Wednesday, I thought I would just hold off till after Thursday's appointment. Clay and I met with Dr. Rosenfeld & his nurse Amy, of course my counts are still really low, so that means no treatment. Amy did speak with one of Dr. Barlogie's nurse's and they said just go ahead & treat her. Well that was not our decision, with my counts so low as well as my platelets the chemo is just going to drag me down even more. So for the next few weeks I will go in for bloodwork and hopefully watch my numbers gradually come back up. Hopefully as my counts slowly come back up, then I can slowly start feeling better, more like myself anyway. Happy New New to each and everyone!!!!!!  I hope your prayers were answered and your dreams come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment