Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Appointments

This morning was a little more laid back than yesterday, we stayed home till about 11:30 this morning. Our first stop was to meet with the research nurse to discuss our next step and for her to go over all my tests to make sure nothing had been left out. All testing has to be completed before we can move forward with the transplant. Next appointment was with the thyroid surgeon Dr. Stack, this was the first time I had met him. I was impressed, I really liked him after meeting him today. We discussed the time frame for having my thyroid surgery, after my first transplant. I also met with the oncologist, he is the one that had done my biopsy back earlier. He will also be on board to start me on medication as well as giving me the radioactive radiation. (a one time thing) Then we headed to the chemo room to get a blood thinner shot. Sounds like a whole days worth already, but MRI then we will be done.



They have scheduled my transplant for Monday, September 14th. Things leading up to that will be:


1) meeting with the doctor tomorrow



2) meeting with the nurse to line out my upcoming medications



3)having my port put back in on Friday



4) getting a heavy dose of chemo on SundayCheck Spelling



5) Transplant



This is what we have been waiting for, my hope is that when my counts come back up from this, I get my strength back and start to feel really good. You know I should I will have all healthy stem cell in my body now, it only makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment